Wednesday, December 22, 2010

God's Gentle Reminders

I have been distracted by some things in my life lately, taking my eyes off of God and placing them on my problems.  In other words, I drew away from God.  However, God, in His mercy, gave me a gentle nudge to remind me of what He has done in the past.

Years ago, I had a great paying job with wonderful benefits, incentives, profit sharing and pay, etc.  I worked for this company for 18 years.  My job was eliminated, in fact, the company closed the facility where I worked.  I was not devastated by this loss because the Lord had prepared me a year in advance.  He had revealed it to me because I drew close to Him.  Although I no longer had that job, God provided for me and my son.  He had a plan in place for that loss.

Somethimes I forget to draw near to God.  Life throws us a monkey wrench sometimes and we lose sight of Him, eventually keeping our eyes on our problems.  He has reminded me that if I draw near to Him, I can trust that He has a plan in place for all that concerns me.  He will reveal the plan to me as I draw near.  I love you Lord for loving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment