Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Do I Really Believe God?

Recently, I was so overwhelmed and stressed out.  I couldn't think, hear God, prayed less, and didn't seek Him.  I allowed myself to be distracted by things that, acutally, aren't that big a deal.  Sometimes we can be so focused on the wrong thing.  Whenever we move toward good, something always comes along to try to steer us away from it.  In the midst of my stress, headache, and irritation, when I was about to "go off", I heard God's voice saying, "This is the way, walk ye in it".  I got clear direction from Him.  He just directed me toward what he originally instructed me to do!  Where did I get off the track?

When God instructs us to go one way, why do we add our own stuff to it?  His instruction was the best way, yet we sometimes think we know better.  The question is, did I completely trust God's instruction?  Remember when Peter took his eyes off of Jesus as he walked toward him on the water?  Peter began to sink.  I took my eyes off of Him and looked at everything else.  Thats when it all began.  Lord, forgive me and help me not to get distracted by the things of this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment