Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Your Heart


I often hear people talk about moving to the next level in God and wondering how in the world you get there!  That “new level” or “new thing” starts with you.  Are you ready for what God has prepared for you?  Have you developed an intimacy with God that warrants your trust?  Have you given your heart to God?  I’m asking you the same questions that I’ve been asking myself.  I have learned that God doesn’t open doors until my heart is open to Him.  That requires me trusting in Him and believing that He is.  This requires me to allow God to expose every sin in my life.  Does God have your heart?  Are you willing to allow God into your innermost being?  If the answer is yes, I invite you to ask God to clean your heart.  Every day I ask God to do the following:

        Ps. 51:10 – Create in me a clean heart, renew a right spirit within me.
Ps. 139:23-24 – Search me Lord and know my heart, test me and know my thoughts.  Point out anything that offends you and set me on the path that leads to everlasting life.

God will show you some things that you are not going to like.  Owning up to them is the hard part.  Just know that if God points it out to you, its for your good.  In Psalm 51:12 David asks God, “Restore to me the joy of your salvation and make me willing to obey you”.  God wants you restored to Him.  Will you give Him your heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment