Monday, September 6, 2010

"The Lord is close to those who are of a broken heart and saves such as are crushed with sorrow for sin and are humbly and thoroughly penitent" (Ps. 34:18, Amp).  This is my favorite verse.  Many may think its a depressing scripture.  However, for me, its one of the most exciting and uplifting verses in the Bible.  

My heart has been broken many times over the years.  Heartbroken over love, missed opportunities, disappointments, family, etc.  Through it all, the Lord has always been near, comforting me, loving me.  When I had sorrow over my sin, He was there, waiting for me to seek Him out, waiting with open arms to tell me I was forgiven.  I love how my Father searches every part of my being for areas that need His healing touch.  Only He knows how to mend my broken heart.  Are you willing to allow Him to heal yours?  He will not do it without your permission.

Reach out to Him.  He's waiting.  Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. (James 4:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment